Being The Church in the Midst of COVID-19
Out of Love for One Another & Our Community, We are Carefully Gathering in Response to our County's Guidelines
We are currently at Level 4
You can see the basics of the various levels below, which you can download (Path to Reopening Rev.pdf) for easy reference. The specific guidelines for both On & Off-Campus Church gatherings are detailed and downloadable here:Level 4 Guidelines.pdf. Masks and social distancing are required for Level 4 gatherings.
Sunday Worship Services are now both In-Person & Live Streamed with Classic @9am AND Modern @10:45am.
We ask individuals to refrain from attendance at any size gathering if you or anyone in your household:
- has a fever, cough, or recent loss of sense of taste/smell;
- has been exposed to COVID-19 within two weeks of event;
- is waiting for COVID-19 test results.
Attend In-Person or via Live Stream: Classic @ 9am Sunday AND Modern @10:45 am.
At Level 4, larger in-person indoor gatherings are appropriate. Pre-registration is not required. Attendees must adhere to our safety guidelines (wear mask at all times indoors & maintain social distance). We are not requiring a health screening.
Access our YouTube channel via this link to First Pres Fresno Live. Subscribe to the channel, and you will have access to the live stream if you tune in during worship or a recording after.
Your faithful and generous giving still matters.
Our ability to unleash compassion and hope in these unique moments rests on your ability to give. There are 4 ways to give:
- MyFPC App: Click the Giving icon in the app. Schedule a one-time or recurring gift charged to your debit or credit card or straight from your bank account. You can easily manage your
giving amount and direct your giving.
- TEXT: MyFPC $amount to 73256. (Example: MyFPC $50). General fund giving is the default. You can also direct giving to other funds.
- 2 ONLINE OPTIONS: Follow this link to GIVE NOW with or without a MyFPC account. Or, set up a gift on your bank’s automatic bill-pay feature.
- MAIL: Checks made payable to First Presbyterian Church can be mailed to the church office. Attn: Finance | 1540 M Street | Fresno, CA 93721
It's still a combination of In-Person, Zoom, Google Hangout, YouTube, Instagram or Facebook.
Praise the Lord for the creativity and adaptability and the tools to engage in ministry together while maintaining the social distance that is prudent and loving. As we haved moved into other levels, more events, meetings and gatherings are happening in person. All the details are being communicated via email and on our events calendar. Ministry staff and leaders are available to answer any questions you have and help you engage.
Receive Prayer Today!
We believe in the power of prayer. And we want to be available for you in this time. If you want prayer as soon as possible, please email your name and best contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a call within 12-24 hours from a Prayer Team member. Another option if you prefer to remain anonymous or would prefer prayer from our staff and Deacons only, complete this online form and we will pray for you in staff (within a week) and Deacon prayer (within a month).
The church office is still closed, and we are working!
Most of us are working from home. Email or texting ministry leaders is the best means of communication. Rocio, our front desk & systems administrator, contines to answer the office phone, 485-6460 for 9am-4pm Monday-Friday (closing for a lunch hour). If you get the answering machine, please leave a message.
Know this – we love you, we are here for you, and we will continue to update you in our Weekly email each Thursday and via other Social Media & communication methods.
DO THE FIVE Help stop coronavirus
- HANDS Wash them often
- ELBOW Cough into it
- FACE Don't touch it
- FEET Stay more than 6ft apart
- FEEL Sick? Stay home