Plug In To Current Needs
We love connecting your gifts with real needs in the church or in the community. While we Shelter in Place and keep social distancing as a way to care for one another, there are still ways to engage in loving service to our church and our community.
IN THE LOWELL & HIDALGO COMMUNITIES
- Fresno Mission Canned Food Drive: Help the Mission stock up and prepare for the fall and winter. Donate canned vegetables, beans or soup by August 10. Donations can be dropped off at the Mission Thrift Store on Sierra, or at 263 G Street, or at FPC's church office, 9am-4pm Mon - Fri.
- Notes for Community Medical Center: We created note cards from the Thanksful art that you created and Kelli Samuelian combined. Pick up a 5 or 10 card pack from the church office and write a word of gratitude and encouragment that we'll deliver. Pick Up and Drop Off 9am-4pm Mon - Fri.
- Martin Park Food Distribution: Groceries and other household supplies are shared regularly. You could help assemble bags Thursday mornings or distribute Thursday afternoons. Contact Oscar Rodriguez.
- Mobile Toy Chest for Neighbors: Suggested donations for sharing with families who are sheltering in place are Basketballs, Soccer balls, Frisbees, Jump-Ropes, Uno, Connect 4, Chalk, Puzzles, Bubbles, Nerf/Water Toys. Contact Esther Carver. (Or connect via Facebook.)
- Food & Supplies for Free Little Libraries in Lowell: Groceries & other household supplies can be distributed to 6 little libraries turned sharing pantries. Contact Nancy Donat who will receive your donation & distribute.
- Food & Supplies for Up/Arriba Center in Hidalgo: Groceries & other household supplies will be shared weekly. Last week they assisted 42 families. Contact Manual & Kim Contreras for details. (Or connect via Facebook)
Download this DONATION SUGGUESTIONS.pdf List for Groceries, Supplies & Toys/Games.
OTHER COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNTIES
- Habitat for Humanity Beautification Projects: Volunteer any Thursday from 9 am - 12:30 pm to help love neighbors by completing minor exterior beautification projects, such as painting, landscaping, window washing and more! You'll be improving existing housing conditions and spurring neighborhood revitalization. Check out the project schedule & sign up here
- For City Wide Service or Donation opportunities, Serve Fresno is a great resource.
PRAYER & CARE @ FPC
- Prayer Ministries: Pray for others & help others to pray. Contact Prayer Deacon Chester Goodale, 360-9432.
- Meal Support: Provide & deliver a meal to someone who's ill, grieving, or has a new baby. Sign up here.
- Put your Love in Action. Sign up here to provide caring ministry to others at FPC.
- Stephen Ministry: Be equipped to care. Stephen Ministry trains and facilitates people of our church to provide 1:1 Christian care to those in our congregation and community experiencing challenges in life. Contact Ataloa Woodin for information. Contact Dianne if you or someone you love might benefit from having someone walk with you through your life circumstances.
TECH SUPPORT FOR LIVE STREAM WORSHIP & OTHER MINISTRIES
Contact Julie Carter if you'd like to join our tech team.