Get Plugged In
We love connecting your gifts with real needs in the church or in the community. There are opportunites for regular, weekly or monthly service as well as occasional & seasonal opportunities. Serving alongside one another is such a geat way to build, renew or strengthen our connections with one another.
- Pantry Food Box Give Away here at FPC: We provice pantry staples and supplemental food for approximately 200 families in our neighborhood. The families are selected by our local ministry partners, Bethany Inner City Church, Martin Park, Youth for Christ, On Ramps Covenant Church and Hope Now Bible Church. We welcome many hands of all ages to help with assembly and distribution. Contact Hannah Norman (349-7491) if you plan to help on these days:
- Assemble and Organize the food supplies 9am - noon Saturday, December 16.
- Distribute boxes to neighbors after church 1-4pm Sunday, December 17.
- Youth for Christ Gift Away: Donate gift items for the Gift Away Store. That's where neighborhood kids can buy gifts for family members with points they've earned doing service projects. This Donation Flyer.pdf has gift suggestions and other details. There's a red tub in the Sanctuary Entry awaiting your donations. Deadline for donations is December 15. You’re also welcome to come staff the store 2-5pm December 21/22. (Gift wrappers are especially prized!). Contact Victoria at YFC, 237-4741.
- World Impact's Community Christmas Event: They're hosting approximately 400 neighbors for this family friendly time 5-9pm Thursday, December 14. It's got food booths, crafts, gift buying and lots of love. You can sign up here, or contact World Impact, 442-0867.
- FIRM Community Christmas Event, 9:00 AM-2:00 PM Saturday, December 16: This event brings joy to families from our refugee and immigrant community through providing new wrapped toys (in partnership with Toys 4 Tots, churches, individuals and organizations), a chance to take pics with Santa, jackets/coats, plenty of food, arts and crafts and much more to celebrate Christmas together! They need 100-150 volunteers for toy distribution, registration, distributing jackets, the food station, cocoa stations, car security, cleanup teams and MUCH more. Contact Zach Darrah or call FIRM's office, 487-1509. If you like wrapping gifts, they are doing that Thursday, December 6th-Friday, December 8th at FIRM 1940 North Fresno Street. Feel free to drop by ANYTIME from 8:30-5:00 (we may expand the wrapping into the evening based on progress) Volunteers do NOT have to come the whole time (they can come for an hour, two hours or the whole day!)
- First Pres Prayer Team (FPPT): including "Missions from home", praying where you are; and Sunday pre-service prayer time offered two times each Sunday: 8:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. in the Prayer Room at the front left of the Sanctuary. Come, pray and attend the worship service of your choice.
- Cordon of Prayer: a confidential prayer chain ministering in prayer for the many spiritual and physical needs of our congregation.
- All-Church Prayer: 6:30 - 7:15 Friday mornings at the church. All invited. Join with Pastors and Elders for weekly communion with God and each other in prayer.
Contact Chester Goodale, Prayer Deacon, 360-9432.
- Contact Margie Nunez regarding Children's Ministry opportunities. Via phone, 485-6460 or 779-3480.
- Nursery care for our little ones (0-2 yrs). Serve during worship or education hour. Contact Julie Goodale or via phone, 367-8230.
- Jr. High Advisor: For those who love Jesus, enjoy working with students, and can commit to helping out on Wednesday evenings and/or Sunday mornings. Contact Meagan Bergem for more details.
- Art Hop: Join the team striving to help us intersect with Art Hoppers the 1st Thursday of each month via art, hospitality and music.
- Neighbors aRe Us: Provide leadership in greeting guests, managing the kitchen, recruiting volunteers, or ministry to children for monthly dinners.
- Communications Team: Advise, oversee and enhance our efforts to communicate with our congregation and the community.
- Mission Ministry Team: Meets monthly and seeks to enhance missionary support and care, mission education and provide involvement opportunities for our congregation.
- Contact Terry Jaurena to explore serving in these areas.
- Link Crew: Greet, guide and connect visitors on Sunday mornings. Contact Heidi Lynn.
- Security Team: New ministry forming to ensure safety on our campus during Worship, Fellowship time and Sunday School. (Will require screening and training.)
Put your Love in Action. Sign up here to provide caring ministry to others at FPC. Other opportunities await you below.
- Memorial Reception Support: Join the team to help prepare and serve a memorial meal. Share your compassion and love in a time of loss. Contact Shelly Coburn.
- Meal Support: Provide and deliver a meal to someone who's ill, grieving, or has a new baby. Sign up here.
- Prayer Ministries: Raise up our congregation's prayer life, pray and help others to pray. Contact Chester Goodale.
- Stephen Ministry: Be equipped to care. Stephen Ministry trains and facilitates people of our church to provide 1:1 Christian care to those in our congregation and community experiencing challenges in life. Contact Ataloa Woodin for information.