Plug In To Current Needs
We love connecting your gifts with real needs in the church or in the community. While we Shelter in Place and keep social distancing as a way to care for one another, there are still ways to engage in loving service to our church and our community.
IN THE LOWELL & HIDALGO COMMUNITIES
- Martin Park Food Distribution: Groceries and other household supplies are shared regularly. You could help assemble bags Thursday mornings or distribute Thursday afternoons. Contact Oscar.
- Distribute Sanitation Kits in Lowell May 17, 24 or 31: In partnership with Harvest Connection Church (meets at YFC building) and On-Ramps Church, we are distributing 500 kits with a mask, pair of gloves, hand sanitizer and tissues along with info about community resources and worship services. Contact Terry Jaurena if you'd like to prayerfully distribute any of these three Sunday mornings.
- Mobile Toy Chest for Neighbors: Suggested donations for sharing with families who are sheltering in place are Basketballs, Soccer balls, Frisbees, Jump-Ropes, Uno, Connect 4, Chalk, Puzzles, Bubbles, Nerf/Water Toys. Contact Esther Carver. (Or connect via Facebook.)
- Food & Supplies for Free Little Libraries in Lowell: Groceries & other household supplies can be distributed to 6 little libraries turned sharing pantries. Contact Nancy Donat who will receive your donation & distribute.
- Food & Supplies for Up/Arriba Center in Hidalgo: Groceries & other household supplies will be shared weekly. Last week they assisted 42 families. Contact Manual & Kim Contreras for details. (Or connect via Facebook)
Download this DONATION SUGGUESTIONS.pdf List for Groceries, Supplies & Toys/Games.
OTHER COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNTIES
For City Wide Service or Donation opportunities, Serve Fresno is a great resource.
PRAYER & CARE @ FPC
- Prayer Ministries: Pray for others & help others to pray. Contact Prayer Deacon Chester Goodale, 360-9432.
- Meal Support: Provide & deliver a meal to someone who's ill, grieving, or has a new baby. Sign up here.
- Put your Love in Action. Sign up here to provide caring ministry to others at FPC.
- Stephen Ministry: Be equipped to care. Stephen Ministry trains and facilitates people of our church to provide 1:1 Christian care to those in our congregation and community experiencing challenges in life. Contact Ataloa Woodin for information. Contact Dianne if you or someone you love might benefit from having someone walk with you through your life circumstances.
TECH SUPPORT FOR LIVE STREAM WORSHIP & OTHER MINISTRIES
Contact Julie Carter if you'd like to join our tech team.