The Pink House
We are excited to sponsor the 2020-21 discipleship experience in the heart of downtown Fresno known as The Pink House. As owners (through the A Place for You Foundation) of this 4-plex apartment complex located in our parking lot, we have enjoyed our partnership in Fresno's first Ministry House. This year we look forward to what God will do in and through this new level of partnership.
Your 10 months in the Pink House (Aug - June) will be an intensive and intentional time of exploration and growth still centered around three key values:
- Biblical Community
- Urban Minstry
- Leadership Development
Come learn and grow with us as we seek the welfare of our city togehter.
The Pink House is part of the Fresno Association of Ministry Houses
What Does This 10 Month Internship Look Like?
It looks like investing 10 months to:
- Engage the Gospel in an urban context;
- Discover what God is up to from a holistic Gospel perspective;
- Attend national & local conferences;
- Serve with the church and it's ministry partners in the Lowell community;
- Live and learn in biblical community;
- Be challenged, empowered and transformed.
Specifically that investment will require of you approximately 15 hours a week of participation and 3-4 out-town-events.
- 5 hours on Tuesday night for dinner together, a curriculum lesson, and community time
- 5 hours of service at assigned program/agency during the week
- 5 hours of relationship building with housemates or other community activities/events during the week
- 2 weekend retreats- Fall Semester Retreat and Winter Semester Retreat
- A week-long Christian Community Development Association (CCDA) Conference in the fall semester
- Two fundraising events
- Possible other CCD/urban ministry events in the community
- Attend at least 2 FPC Sunday morning services each month
- Participation in FPC’s college ministry to include:
- Lunch after church 2x month
- Attending Jubilee conference in February
Those 5 hours of service per week can include a combination of monthly/weekly commitments connected to FPC ministries or Lowell community partners such as:
- Monthly Neighbors aRe Us dinner
- Monthly ArtHop
- Weekly Good News Club at Lowell
- WOO Tutoring
- Martin Park (weekly or monthly activities)
- Bethany Inner City Teen Night (2 Fridays/month)
- Bethany Inner City Food distribution (Tuesday mornings)
- Monthly Service at the Rescue Mission with FPC group
It looks like a transformitve discipleship experience.
Who Can Apply?
This transformitive discipleship experience is appropriate for a committed follower of Jesus Christ who is:
- Between 20 - 30 years old
- An undergrad or graduate student, community leader or church member
- Has a consistent source of income, either missionary support, parental help, or employment that is sufficient to pay rent and buy food (If this is a hurdle for you, please talk to the program directors)
- Demonstrates an interest in the stated purposes of the house
- Demonstrates a flexible, participatory spirit
- Can commit to ten months of residency (approximately August 15-June 15)
Why Would I Apply? | How do I Apply?
"During my 10-month Pink house experience, I grew in my faith, experienced and learned new ways in which I could better serve my community. I was challenged to dive deep into social, economic and racial issues affecting families to this day. I learned what it meant to live in community with other people coming from different backgrounds. I am grateful that I was able to share my story and let my community walk alongside me in my healing process. It was not an easy journey but it was worth it for my personal growth."
Rocio Claros 17-18 Alumn
"The pink house has been an incredible experience. The things you learn about biblical justice, community, and how to draw nearer to Christ has been life changing. I have made lifelong friendships and opened new opportunities to love my city as Jesus does. Most importantly, I love Jesus more because of the Pink House and its curriculum."
John Hancock Current Student
What's Your Financial Commitment?
Application Fee of $20
Initial Program Fee of $ 150 Required at Orientation ($50 is returned upon completion of the program)
Montly Program Fee (includes utilities) $350/individual per month or $600/married couple per month
That's a total of $ 3,670 or $ 6,340/married couple